Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mercury Glass is all the Craze




 Flipping through the pages from one of my favorite catalogs, I continue to see what looks to be a tarnished silver, two-toned in appearance, reflective and beautiful. Interested in learning new words, I see the description as "mercury vase". Mercury glass? Intriguing? I loved the crisp clean look it provided with any backdrop of colour. Fall is soon approaching.....I generally steer clear of craft shows and lean towards objects that resemble the "real deal". Long behold, Mercury glass can be found at TJ Maxx & Marshalls ( the 2 stores who have a % of my income ). The PB catalog wanted 4x the price for the same Mercury Glass Candlestick. I arranged a variety of mercury glass items: pumpkins, vases, candle sticks, and bottles along our mantle & our buffet in the dining area. They shine beautifully in the sunrise & add warmth along with the comforts of Fall to our great room. The upside to Mercury Glass objects is that you can leave them on display year-round, with simply substituting color of the foliage for the current season. I chose to include grasses in deep plums, maze, and sage for September.

No comments:

Post a Comment