Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Why so Blue?

There is something so charming about the antique blue mason jar. It can used to hold just about anything: flowers, candles, even Q-tips & your toothbrush. I have seen mason jars used for holding craft supplies, and colorful confetti individual cakes baked into them for birthdays parties. I found this rack with 5 hooks at a local bargain store, which I believe was supposed to be used for hanging scarfs & light jackets. But, what is the fun in that! I enjoy finding objects and creating custom pieces of art with them. You don't want to use large framed pictures on every wall; you need to break up your eye with objects like mirrors or shelfs with vases and clocks. I purchased one bunch of dried lavendar and broke it up into 5 equal bunches. I also took natural mosses as filler on the bottom of the jars. The mood this piece of art created in our masterbedroom is tranquil and relaxing, and the project supply cost was minimal for a one of a kind creation.



No comments:

Post a Comment